Oldalak

2012. május 4., péntek

Birthday Card + Simon Says Stamp Challenge

This is my first entry to a Simon Says Stamp Challenge and right for their 3rd Bday Challenge! Update: And also for the CAS-Friday bday challenge. Yay! To my fellow papercrafters: you can win a $50 voucher OR one of the three (!!!) Simon Says Stamp Card Kit of the Month May. The CAS challenge is also full of Simon's gifts! :)


I really love this card because it has more different embellishments than I usually use, yet it stayed simple. By the way, "Boldog szülinapot" means "Happy Birthday". It's in Hungarian. :)

Thanks for the great photo of my card to D.

First, it was the Bo Bunny patterned paper with dots that I fell in love with. Then the butterfly from the same collection (though I used a circle punch so that it could leave its different coloured friends). I found one single, really cute button in matching colour and decided to put them on a tag . Also, I wanted to create a card with a tag at last. I've used the clear chevron paper (from Simon's April Card Kit) for a previous window card and wanted to use it for something else, also the area below the butterfly felt really empty. So there was the solution. :) I chose small and big letters to harmonize with the dots...but first had no idea how to finish the word "boldog" (happy) as the original creme-coloured G got lost on the waves. So I went through my yet little papercraft stash and found a pinkish G made of foam that'd fit there perfectly. :) And voilà!

Thanks for stopping by.

5 megjegyzés:

Kimberly írta...

What a lovely card! I like the pops of bright pink. Thank you so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

aaga írta...

Thanks. :)
I'm glad I found the CAS blog.

Christina írta...

I love the mix of patterns you used, especially the big polka dots! So fun! Thanks for helping us celebrate at CAS-ual Fridays!

aaga írta...

Thank you for your nice comment, Christina! :)

Michele Gross írta...

Darling card! Thanks for celebrating with us at CAS-ual Fridays!